Sunday, February 17, 2008

3rd Milestone


As seen in my gantt chart My site is very nearly done, the next step for users on the site is ready.
I've been trying to get some friends to start posting so I can get some content.

I'm happy with how its come out so far. I've been playing with templates for the site and trying to edit the css myself making small changes im looking for but some things have just been taking a lot of time. I'm not quite happy with the banner and it took a long time to get it positioned where it is.

The biggest hurdle I had to overcome was getting the album mod to work with a different template than the standard subsilver one. A lot of the directions were made specific to subsilver which I had to work around and edit some of the code involved (a lot of this became trial and error and took forever) I think its all working correctly now though.

Other than the album mod and template work I've done I also tried incorporating the free phpbb template to work with the actual busigo site that isnt connected to the forums. This was one of the main goals I had this milestone. busigo.org and the forum site still feel a little off but that should only take some more template tinkering and editing to my personal tastes.

Luckily all the functionality I was hoping for has finally clicked together and the cosmetic tinkering can be done while work with incoming content is gathered.

No comments: